I look at my phone too much. Period. Can’t put it down, even while I am also watching TV. It’s ridiculous. Yoga helps me make up for the horrible habit. Even if you are not a yogi this is a simple stretch called the fish pose (modified) from my friends at Yoga Journal (follow them on Instagram). If you are a yogi and have blocks you can use those, if not use a foam roller or bolster (or a rolled up yoga mat). Arms out to your sides or folded up above your head, legs bent our straight. Try it out!
I love simple cooking. Less ingredients to buy and store and less figuring out at the last minute. Below is my recipe for chicken tacos – you can mess around with it for pork (carnitas) or beef. I use Ro-Tel [hack] for a lot of recipes and keep all sorts of flavors around the house for last minute meals. If you wanted beef or pork tacos the recipe is basically the same, I would add smoky seasoning, or a can of root beer (pork) or some BBQ sauce to change the flavor. The cooking instructions should be the same.
- Put 4-6 thawed and drained chicken breasts in your favorite crock pot
- Add one can of Ro-Tel – I use the one with the diced green chilis
- Cover and heat on high for four hours. Set a timer for 3 ½ hours.
- LET – IT – SIT
- When your timer goes off, shred the chicken with two forks (or a fork and tongs)
- Add half a brick of cream cheese and do not stir. I suggest you use regular full fat, generic cream cheese…nothing fancy.
- LET – IT – SIT for 30 minutes
- Stir well
Serve with any kind of taco fixings.